We understand the importance of supporting our clients who are driven by regulatory requirements, as well as their own desire to do the right thing, for all customers including those whose circumstances make them vulnerable. We, with clients’, continually monitor the evolving and complex customer landscape across our contracts to ensure we meet customers’ current and emerging needs. This has enabled us to truly understand that the diverse customer and community base we serve has different needs, and that it’s essential we flex the service we provide.
Our vision is to be the leading service provider to energy networks and infrastructure across the UK. Our ability to deliver the right service to every customer every time is key to helping us achieve that. We developed our customer service brand Every Customer Counts (ECC) by engaging and listening to our people, our clients and our customers. It helped us create a service model that underpinned every aspect of the customer experience and the way we deliver for customers and putting them at the heart of everything we do.
Our ECC brand includes an overarching customer experience strategy called The Every Customer Counts (ECC) Way, it has five principles that are built into every job we do and it’s all underpinned and supported by resources and accredited customer service training that make a tangible difference.
We have five key areas of focus that help us to achieve a customer-centric culture:
- Partnering with our clients - embracing and enhancing their approach to customers, communities and stakeholders
- Understanding our customers - enabling us to deliver tailored experiences including those who are vulnerable
- Developing our people - supporting them to deliver for our customers now and for the future, and providing reward and recognition for their achievements
- Delivering for customers - delivering customer excellence every day supported by customer-focussed processes and systems
- Customer measures - measuring the success of what really matters for customers using external and internal methods and standards
Our award-winning Every Customer Counts Way customer experience strategy has been recognised as industry-leading at the Institute of Customer Service UK Customer Satisfaction Awards. In 2020 it was crowned winner of the Best Customer Satisfaction Strategy award for being recognised as demonstrating a clear strategic path that has measurably improved customer satisfaction ratings.
Our innovative ECC customer service training called the Brilliant Basics has been endorsed by the EU Skills. The Brilliant Basics is a uniformed training approach that provides our people (support and operational) with the skills and confidence to always give a brilliant service experience.
Feedback of the training from our people:
“I’m more aware of the different types of customer vulnerability”
“knowing we’re always on stage when we’re out doing our jobs”
“the role of the regulator and how this impacts our clients”
“to be more mindful of the terminology we use in front of our customers”