6th May 2021
Our relationship with Cadent:
Our relationship with Cadent officially began in 2017 (the date that Cadent was officially created) but extends much further, as we have supplied vital gas infrastructure to this region for over 20 years. During that time, we have worked closely with Cadent to deliver a wide range of services, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
In 2013 we joined with Skanska UK to form a joint venture known as tRIIO, which helped us to deliver a diverse range of has infrastructure projects.
What started as a mains replacement contract significantly expanded over the last eight years, and by the end of the contract we were responsible for programming and delivering a vast portfolio of works across the whole of Cadent’s East of England and London areas This portfolio included the London Medium Pressure framework, special crossings, civil engineering, back-office and customer service functions and a comprehensive Multiple Occupancy Buildings contract, a live gas connections service to over 18,000 customers per year and the delivery of several major construction projects.
During this period, we have
- Delivered excellent customer service by taking responsibility for complaint resolution in our area of responsibility
- Helped to trial and test new innovations and changed our methods of operation to redefine Business As Usual
- Recruited, trained and managed a diverse workforce, encouraging 300 new starters to start – and build – their gas distribution career
- Laid more than 1,000 km of new pipeline every year – enough to stretch from Scarborough to Seattle
- Provided an essential customer service to more than 2,000 families in high rise buildings
- Set new standards for the wellbeing of our workforce
Our relationship with Cadent Gas continues to thrive. In 2021, we start new contracts for the next price control period (2021 – 2026). These include:
- The Construction Management Organisation supervising the delivery of Cadent’s crucial London region
- A Local Delivery Partner agreement for the East of England, delivering front line improvements and work teams from Sheffield to Luton
- Capital Construction contracts, helping Cadent to maintain and develop its infrastructure
- Multiple Occupancy Buildings contract for east of England, providing riser replacement and support to people living and working in medium and high rise buildings